Thursday, November 29, 2012

Making the List

In trying to find something different and fun for Katie to do, I decided to give her a few of the toy inserts from the paper.  I thought it would be fun for her to circle things for her Christmas list!  Now, yes, I do understand this could be an interesting situation creating a child that wants every.single.thing shown on the pages.  But I gave her two or three inserts and figured that whatever was circled in all of them must be something she wants (since it would show consistency). 

She had a blast!  And she was pretty consistent with the things she circled in each booklet!  Here she is working hard...
 ...and she actually smiled!
And then from those things, we made a Christmas list!  I thought it was just going to be her Santa list, but it got so lengthy that we turned it into just a Christmas list :)  And she keeps wanting to add to it!  She has reached the age when she pays attention to commercials and wants what she sees!  Oh my.  And no.  She is not getting everything on the list (please see items #5 and #7 especially)!
Such a fun activity!  And now, we can write a letter to Santa (her first)!  I think, if Alvin comes back this year (he's our Elf on the Shelf), he may bring supplies for writing a letter to Santa!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment