Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Weekend Recap

What a fun weekend we had last week!  And yes, I am proud of myself for trying to stay on top of the blogging so I don't get so behind!

Friday night, Katie had her first slumber party at Cee Cee's house!  She was SO excited - and she got to use her sleeping bag for the first time (other than sitting in it to play with toys)!  Mom sent this to me :)
After we went to dinner with Jack and got him down, Brad and I finally hung a bunch of things on the wall in the bonus room area!  We have lived in this house over 3 years and had not hung anything - oops :)  I had gotten the kids' hospital pictures and panels framed, so we hung those up - with room for baby #3 of course!
And then I had gotten some fun Auburn and Tennessee things, so we made a "house divided wall" over the couch!  That blank space on the left will feature a canvas photograph of Toomer's Corner that my friend (who is an amazing photographer) took!  Can't wait to hang it up there!
And we hung this clock also - more to come on that chest, but I love it there at the top of the steps/outside the kids' rooms!
Finally, we hung our family picture canvases at the landing/wall up the stairs!  This is the view as you start down the stairs!
Another view - from the landing looking upstairs...
And a view from downstairs when you are sitting on the couch!
Love that we were so productive - and it makes it feel so homey!

Saturday, I didn't take any pics, but we had a fun day!  We ate breakfast with my Dad and then I picked Katie up around the middle of the day.  After quiet time, we headed to dinner with Brad's family to celebrate his aunt's birthday!  It was great to visit (and the food was good too)!

Sunday we got up and went to church (and managed to get up, ready, and out the door in 35 minutes)!
We ran some errands and then came home to eat lunch.  After lunch, Katie helped me finally work on a project I've been meaning to do for like a year and a half!  My grandparents gave us a nice cedar chest that has been in the garage because it needed refinishing. 
We sanded it down and stained it and then let it dry overnight!
We are SO happy with the finished product!  It was my great-grandmother's chest, so it is neat to have family pieces that have so much history!
Here is the view from the front...
After I changed clothes and scrubbed my hands, I headed over to Ashley and Andrew's house to try for some newborn pictures of their newest addition.  Sweet Lila was less than thrilled, so I am going to try again soon.  I did get this with my phone while she fell asleep in my arms!  Clearly she didn't like the flash :)
And here is my wild man - he is a blur in pictures these days! :)
Hope your weekend was great!  Another post coming tomorrow with a few pics I have taken of the kids over the last couple days...they are growing up way too quickly!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment