Friday, August 26, 2011

Foodie Fridays

It's that time again! That's right, it's time for....

And I still haven't had a chance to redo the colors in that logo - will try to work on that this weekend. I love turquoise, but it's just not doing it for me on that logo!


This week, I made a pretty delicious meal (if I do say so myself)! Tuesday night we had Crockpot Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken, Coconut Rice, Easy Cheesy Zucchini Bake with Nutella Banana Bread for dessert. And yum. That's really all I can say about it! And it was so easy too - plus, it made the house smell delicious throughout the afternoon, so by dinnertime, I could hardly contain myself!


I always love trying new recipes - especially when they turn out so yummy! And it makes it more fun to have the neighbors come over and enjoy it with us. There is a Publix grocery store in our neighborhood and I love going in there when they are offering samples of meals to try. They also sell their little cookbooks with probably 50+ cards of various recipes - I bought one, and they are only $4.99! I may be offering this as a giveaway sometime soon in honor of my Foodie Fridays, so stay tuned for that. I promise you won't be disappointed!

In taking photos of my yummy creations, one thing I have discovered is that I am definitely not so talented in the "food styling" department. My dishes never look as pretty as the ones pictured in cookbooks. But I guess the real thing that matters is how they taste. And I highly recommend these recipes!


There are a couple of things I would change though - in the Crockpot Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken, I would maybe use a little less soy sauce. That may be more of a personal taste though - it seemed like the soy taste outweighed the teriyaki taste. And with the coconut rice, I would not put as much coconut as it called for - the rice was pretty sweet. Although the combination of those two dishes created perfect harmony to my taste buds! And I also added a little Cavender's green seasoning - I think it was the perfect addition!


Happy Cooking! And Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment