Thursday, May 16, 2013

Jack: 11 Months

Sleep
Jack is doing great with his sleeping (knock on wood)!! He still is taking two naps a day and sleeps 11-12 hours at night.  I am dreading the change from two down to one nap - though it will give us more time to get out...and hopefully a good long one nap each day :)  He goes down for his first nap anywhere between 10 and 11 these days and will sleep about 1.5-2 hours.  His second nap is around 3:30  or so and he will sleep probably 1.5 hours.  He is usually in bed snoozing by 7:30 or 7:45 and does great!
Eating
Boy, oh boy.  At this particular moment, this is frustrating beyond words!  Jack isn't want to take a bottle because he has two teeth cutting through.  The nurse at the pediatrician's office suggested just getting rid of the bottle altogether at this point and putting formula in a sippy cup.  The problem with that is that he just chews on it and throws it on the floor.  He should be getting, on average, about 20 ounces of formula per day ... some days we reach that and other days it seems like we are closer to 15.  He still has wet diapers, so I'm not worried about dehydration.  Plus, eating solid foods/baby food is not an issue at all.  So when he doesn't drink his bottle, I mix the formula in with baby cereal and he gets is that way.  But sheesh.  It makes me want to pull my hair out.  The nurse also said he really should be eating more finger foods/not baby food.  He is gradually doing better with chunkier foods, but he still prefers baby food!  He does like green beans.  And of course all those little baby snacks like puffs and yogurt melts.  I've given him pasta, cut up cheese, pieces of bread, really ripe banana, really ripe avocado...he is not a fan of any of that.  I know I just need to keep offering it and hope that it will just click soon.  But boy, oh, boy is it frustrating sometimes!  I'm hoping these teeth will come on in and we can return to some sense of normalcy with bottles.  And then transition to sippy cups at the same time.  Whew!  Things are forever changing with kiddos, that's for sure!
Weight
Nothing official...but enough to make my back hurt when I hold him for too long :)
Length
Nothing official here!
Size Clothes
The dude is wearing 12 month things very solidly.  I bet if I looked at the 12-18 month things that we have, that would fit nicely too, but I haven't gotten them out yet to try :)
Size Diapers
We are finishing a box of size 3 and then it is on to size 4!
Hair color
Hooray for hair!  It looks like it is going to be darker than Katie's hair is.  And it is so shiny!  He has one hair on the top of his head that is probably 2.5 inches long...I keep thinking it is a Sadie hair that floated onto his head and then I see that it is connected!  He also has enough hair to see the beginnings of where his natural part is.  And on the back of his head - near the crown - he has a big swirl of hair...I love it!
Eye color
Blue!
Looking Like
He has moments of looking like all of us for sure!  There is no doubt that he and Katie are siblings!  And he definitely favors Brad a lot as well.
Nicknames
Jackadoodle, Jacky, and Jacky Wacky are some of the newer ones :)
Favorite toy
I got out the bin of toys from when Katie was a baby - and I am so glad I did!  He loves all of the new entertainment!  This gear toy seems to be his most favorite...he loves the music, the lights, and when the gears turn.
He also loves the birthday cake toy that Cee Cee got for Katie's first birthday.  His favorite book right now is Touch and Feel Farm and he is really starting to pay more attention to books (as opposed to chew on them - though he does enjoy that too!).  I also finally opened some of the toys he got for Christmas and he loves this toy that has two little cars with it and a gear shift that makes the tracks go slow and fast.  Another favorite?  Playing with  Katie!  Katie will put a toy on the highchair tray and he throws it off.  Then she puts it back and he throws it off and just laughs and laughs.  They will do that for 10 minutes at least - and they are both laughing the whole time!  Seeing them play with eachother and give eachother hugs and kisses just makes my heart so happy!  Jack also likes to swing on our swingset...I think he'd sit there and swing for hours and hours!
Firsts
This last month, we celebrated the first Mother's Day with Jack around!  What a special time for sure!
Milestones
Whew!  This boy is busy!  He is crawling everywhere...bear crawls a LOT (like up on feet and hands with his hiney in the air), pulls up on things, .... I bet if I got the toy out that you can walk behind, he would love that!  When he is in his walker, he runs everywhere!  In the living room, he loves to crawl over to the fireplace to mess with that.  My mom thinks that he will be walking before his first birthday.  Boy are we in trouble when he walks...things will be oh so busy for sure!
  
Talking/Words/Sounds
He says "mama" and "dada" and "byebye" and waves when he says that.  We are still working on him saying byebye at the right time - it is so sweet and cute when he says it so I have to fight the urge to get him to say it just randomly :)  He has started trying to mimic sounds - he was trying to say baby and book the other day!  When I remember, I try to do a little baby sign language...like "more" and "all done" - but I usually forget :) Oops! I can tell he is definitely becoming more vocal - he is quite squealy!  When we eat out, we take the pacifier so we can plug up the mouth...he makes the most high pitched squeal I've heard in a while! And of course then he just smiles so big like he is so proud of himself! 
Anything else?
Boy is Jack a busy baby!  Now that he is mobile, things are crazy!  He loves to snuggle still, but he also wants to get down and explore!  He is still the sweetest, smiliest baby there is - there isn't a time we are out somewhere that somebody doesn't ask me if he smiles like that all the time...or if he is always that happy...or comments on his eyes or his smile and how we better watch out when he gets older.  And though things are challenging sometimes with the whole eating situation, I am so thankful for a happy, healthy baby boy.  I cannot believe he will be turning one in less than a month.  That is totally unacceptable!  I feel like I was just pregnant with him and he was just born!  And here we are planning his first birthday party!  I hope he remains happy and sweet and playful for the rest of his life - that's for sure!









Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. His pictures just make me smile. He's such a cutie!
    My Annalee is on whole milk now (10 months old). She is a big gal so they told me to go ahead and switch her. She does well with it and well with baby food but finger foods is her problem. She seems to get choked so easily. She now has 2 teeth on the bottom and 1 on the top so I'm hoping that it will get easier for her to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 11 months, Jack!
    He is so cute and happy!

    ReplyDelete