Sunday, May 16, 2010

Life of the Party

First, let me say that I know I have some catching up to do. I sat down to begin a lengthy first birthday post and our internet at home was out. It ended up being out for almost 2 days, so needless to say, I have yet to do that post because we left for the beach!! We drove through the night so Katie would sleep and it worked wonderfully. We left at around 8 PM and she fell asleep at around 9:30. She slept til we stopped for gas/food at around 1 AM and went back to sleep when we got in the car ... and slept until we arrived at our destination! Whew!

This place is wonderful. I can't wait to upload the gorgeous pictures that I've taken on my new camera that Brad and Katie got me for Valentine's / Mother's Day! I definitely need to take a class to learn the ins and outs of the camera, but I am figuring things out slowly but surely.

We have loved playing in the pool and the ocean. I'm so glad Katie isn't afraid of the ocean...in fact, she is fascinated by the waves. She loves watching them come in and go back out. In the pool, she likes to stand on the side and "jump in". The second we stand her up on the little ledge, she quickly grabs our hands to hold onto (rather than our hands being under her armpits holding her up) and stands there with a great big grin. We count ONE - TWO - THREEEE and help her jump in and she giggles and then actually turns around to try to move back toward the wall.

On a different note, we went out to eat last night and Katie was the life of our area....she loves waving at everyone, blowing raspberries, and grunting. There were 4 different tables of people that she befriended and loved every minute of being the center of attention. She smiles that sweet grin, waves, laughs, waves more, and grunts/growls. Then she starts talking - she talks with her hands (typical girl!) and it is hilarious. I am so glad we don't have a shy baby on our hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment