Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Day 2016

 Happy Easter! What a great day it has been!  I feel like I never know the right things to say or the right way to explain the meaning and significance of Easter to my kiddos, so it is just easiest to not talk about it.  But I am so glad that we get past that and do it anyways!  And Katie went to "big church" with us today, so she saw the video of a baptism and saw a video about the thoughts going through a young lady's head as they decide to become a Christian and be baptized.  We also have talked about Easter and Good Friday as best we can and answer questions as best we can.  And Jack says "Jesus popped out! Jesus is the marshmallow!" - thanks to making resurrection rolls at school a couple of weeks ago,  I think that is amazing for a 3 year old!
This morning we got going early and went to the 8:30 service at church!  We got the boys settled in and went to the sanctuary and I looked across and saw my aunt and uncle across the way, so we went over and sat with them...which also means we got to see two of my cousins and one of their husbands (can I just say I sat here and typed out several ways of saying that and I still don't think I did it right - ha!  I have two girl cousins and one of them is married.  That is who we got to see.)!
 When we got home, it was picture time!  We used our neighbor's front porch (and had their assistance for the family photo) for some cute Easter pics!  Love my crazy crew!
And a picture of the three ring circus - Ryan is at that difficult age and stage for pictures!  I can't believe I got this!  Though I have to say that Brad was behind me doing something silly on his phone to get his attention and make him sit still...
 Sweet Katie!
 Love that little grin!
 And sweet boy - he really loves sitting in their rocking chairs!
 I probably should've done some cropping, but oh well!  Me with my favorites!
 Again - needed a little cropping, but it is still a cute picture of the kiddos with Daddyo!
 And we matched in our Matilda Jane!  Love that I found those cute shirts for the boys to coordinate with us :)
 Then we headed inside for Easter baskets!  They were super excited to dig in!
And Ryan was excited too (once he figure out what he was supposed to be doing)!
 This was Ryan's very favorite part -- his new Pete the Cat Wheels on the Bus book! 
 Jack really loves the movie Inside Out, and the Easter Bunny found Inside Out jellybeans for the big kid baskets!!
 And Katie loved her Shopkins tshirt that was in her basket!
 We couldn't have a holiday without Sadie being in the middle of it!  That was a ball that was in Ryan's basket (his second favorite thing in there) that I guess he was sharing with her!
 Once Ryan had looked at his book for a while, he carried it over and sat in Brad's lap for him to read it to him!  He clearly loved it when Brad was singing/reading it!
 Love this picture!  He sure is entertained by his Daddy!
 Katie loved doing the Mad Libs that was in her basket - I think Brad was excited that she asked for his help!  I love those things - and she is enjoying making up funny stories!
And then Cee Cee and Will and some family friends came over for lunch!  It was so great to have an informal lunch - and I didn't cook!  I grabbed delicious food at Simply Living Life and then fruit and tea and some things at Publix.  And done. Yum!  And more time to visit!
Before it started drizzling, the kids played in the bounce house for a bit! They absolutely love it - and I love that it gets their energy out!
 Sweet girl!  Love this picture of her - all the colors!  And you might notice -- she lost another tooth Friday night!  That makes number 6!  And it left a giant hole in her smile - makes her look even more grown up!
 I think this one is hilarious -- I love that Ryan was bracing himself for whatever Jack was about to do!  Ryan is slightly unsure about the bounce house, but he does enjoy the sliding!
 And sliding makes him smile and squeal!
I loved my new shoes - well, not exactly new.  I bought them last year but I never wore them!  So glad I remembered I had them - tan feet with happy blue toenails!  And some of the chalk artwork on our driveway.  And of course the colors in my dress - love that! 
 
And while we were doing pictures, I got a cute picture of Katie and Stella :) 
This afternoon we relaxed and just hung out and then did an easy dinner.  It was great!  It would've been nice to see some sunshine, but it didn't storm, so I will take it!  Hope you had a happy day and remember what Easter is all about.  He lives! 

 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment