Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Little Update

Well I am excited to report that I can wear my wedding rings again! Hooray! The last time I wore them was Easter Sunday...I guess about a month ago. It feels nice to be able to wear them. Also, my swelling, especially in my feet, is pretty much gone! In total, I have lost 23 lbs and that number increases daily (definitely not complaining about that) - that is less work that I have to do on the back end! :) I go to the doctor next Thursday and hopefully my blood pressure is back to normal.

Today was Baby K's first pediatrician appointment. In the doctor's words, "she is just perfect!" (of course, I thought that all along, but it is nice to hear her health is right on track). She weighs 6 lbs 11 oz and is 20 1/4 in in length. We go back to the doctor next Friday and hopefully she will be back at her birth weight.

Things are going pretty smoothly - she is eating well and sleeping like a baby! I feel lucky that I am able to get 7 or 8 hrs of sleep a night, even though they are not in a row. Brad is at home with us for 3 weeks on paternity leave, so that is making this transition much easier. He is definitely being "Super Daddy" and letting me take naps, fixing meals, doing laundry...what a great hubby and daddy!

I am going to try to upload some pictures soon, so be looking for those in the next day or two. :) Hard to believe this sweet baby of ours is already 8 days old.

No comments:

Post a Comment