Monday, November 30, 2009

Mommy Instinct

Well over the past couple of weeks, Baby K has experienced a stuffy nose, pain in her bottom gums (I only know this because sometimes when I would try to touch them to check for teeth, she would scream), unusual whininess, pulling at her ears, and sometimes refusing to eat her normal amount. The very first day she also had a low-grade fever, but it was gone within a couple hours and never returned. The stuffiness and ear-pulling was on and off. Some days she would eat perfectly and others she would eat about half the normal amount. I kept thinking she was just teething, but there are still no teeth. She would also switch which ear she would pull on, so I didn't think it was an infection or anything.

Well over the last couple of days she gets whinier in the afternoons and was more consistently messing with her right ear. This morning she didn't want anything to do with eating. So I called the pediatrician and they suggested we come in...our first "sick baby appointment". We left with a prescription for Amoxicillin - that's right - that yummy, bubble gum tasting gooey stuff. I absolutely love it - and I really hope Baby K does too! She has an ear infection in her right ear. I am so glad I trusted my mommy instincts!

Also, an added bonus...I wanted to see how much Baby K weighs now - at 7 months - a whopping 18 pounds!!!! Growing way too quickly...

No comments:

Post a Comment