Sunday, November 29, 2009

Unbelievably Fast

As I was sitting there feeding Baby K her last bottle of the day before she went to bed, I was thinking. Where in the world did the time go - she turned 7 months old today. She is now army crawling all over the place. She loves baby food. She has developed even more sass and spunk. She does not want to lay down anymore - she tried to sit up all the time. She has the cutest laugh. I am anticipating the first tooth any day now. She is growing way too fast. So my thought was this: how do you balance savoring every moment while looking forward to each milestone and new experience. I remember thinking how much fun Baby K would have on her first Christmas. Here we are less than a month away from just that. It seems just like yesterday I was heading to the hospital to have her. It seems like just yesterday that I was completely worn out from being up every 2 hours at night. It seems just like yesterday we had to be careful with her head when carrying her because she couldn't hold it up on her own. She has blossomed right before our very eyes. I can't wait to see her explore and learn and grow, but I also want her to stay this sweet, snuggly baby girl. I can't wait for her to say, "I love you, Mommy," and begin walking. While this is true, I love that she relies on me and needs me. I know she will continue needing me forever, but it is just different right now.

I have loved every single second of being Sweet Pea's mommy and am trying my best to soak up every toothless grin, giggle, and even cry. When I am frustrated, I tell myself, "You're gonna miss this." I can't wait to see wake up each day and see what new discovery Baby K will have. I love watching her and seeing the expressions that tell me she is really trying to figure things out. We are so blessed and love her so much. We are so lucky to be able to have such a sweet baby girl. :) These first 7 months have been amazing and I can't wait to see what the next days and weeks and months hold for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment