Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Celebrating A New Arrival!

A couple of weeks ago, several of us got together to celebrate my friend's impending arrival of baby #2, which is a girl! Since her house has been dominated by all blue since her first arrived on October 1, 2008, she is so excited to finally have some pink to keep her company. This sweet baby girl is scheduled to arrive on September 15 and I can hardly stand it (and I'm sure my friend is BEYOND ready...haha)! I can't wait to be an auntie again and hold that sweet baby girl. I have sort of forgotten what it's like to hold a sweet, snuggly, teeny baby (since Katie is a big girl and always on the go)! Kara and Robert are both excellent parents to Carter, and I know they will be amazing parents to Kaylin. What a great family they are (Kara and I have been friends for 20 years!) - we are so lucky to have great friends like them.

The centerpieces - real, yummy cake, towel/washrag cake, and burp cloths!

I couldn't resist getting this onesie for Kaylin :)

The girls giving Kaylin a love pat

The towel/washrag cake I made! I thought it turned out rather cute - and notice that it does have some hairbows and a rattle as well :)

The three of us went to school together for 13 years!! We have all known eachother since 1990 - pretty amazing.

I absolutely love this picture of me and Kara - and I love that I can call her a friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment