Monday, July 27, 2009

First Night In the Crib

Last night was Sweet Pea's maiden voyage in her crib - and I am happy to report that it was a big success! I fed her, changed her diaper and put her in jammies, swaddled her, and she was asleep the minute her head hit the mattress. We had worked over the weekend to get everything ready for this big step - we set up the video monitor (big props to whomever had that bright idea), ordered a small bookcase for next to the crib so we can put the fan and CD player on it, and did some more organizing. We had also been changing her diaper in there for over a week, doing some feedings in her glider, some naps for a few days, and the occasional playtime on the floor in there. Whatever we did, it must have worked - she went to sleep at around 9:30 and only woke up 3 times in the early morning needing the binky. I got up at 3:30 and 4 and woke Brad up for the 4:45 one. I then got up at 6:15 to feed her and she went back to sleep until 9:15. While I definitely miss having her next to me in our room, I am happy she likes her bed and her room - and I can read my book in bed before going to sleep! I can also look at her anytime I want thanks to the video monitor...Brad even figured a way to hook it up to the TV so we can watch her on the big screen before going to sleep!! Pictured below is one of her "crib practices"....an afternoon nap!


On a different note, Baby K is going to be moving up to size 2 diapers this week. She turns 3 months old and all of a sudden is having all of these transitions!! :) I also have been phasing some of her 0 - 3 month clothes out of her drawers because they are too small. When she stretches out, she fills out her footed jammies all the way. Wonder when the transition to 3 - 6 month clothes will be??

No comments:

Post a Comment