Saturday, August 29, 2009

First Family Beach Trip

A couple of weeks ago, we loaded up and headed to Destin, Florida. We had never taken Sadie on a trip, and clearly Baby K had never been to the beach. I wish I'd taken a picture of the car loaded down because I felt like we were the Beverly Hillbillies - not one more ounce could fit in there!! We only had to stop 3 times on the way down to feed Sweet Pea and let Sadie take a bathroom stop - not too shabby!

We had a great time relaxing, spent some time in the sun (and took turns playing in the ocean so someone was with Baby K), ate some good seafood, and got to visit the outlet mall. As I mentioned previously, there was a tropical storm aiming right at the panhandle of Florida as we got there. The first picture was the morning after it had gone through - it was rather windy as you can tell by the choppy waves. Other than that storm, we had perfect weather. In fact, one of the days we were there, Brad stayed with Baby K so I could go to the beach by myself and read my book. It was perfect.

Here are some of my favorites from the trip. I need to get some of the copied so I can frame them - so cute (if I do say so myself). Enjoy!!

Choppy waves after the storm went through

Cute Sadie on the balcony

Mommy and baby girl :)

Sadie absolutely loved playing on the beach in the ocean

Love the turquoise water and sugar-like beaches

"I'm ready for the beach!"

So precious in her hat and cover-up

Love that beach

Baby K loved the baby tent for the beach - she slept the whole time we were at the beach!

Self-portrait of us

She just gets cuter and cuter (pardon the scratch - she got herself in her sleep!)

Family picture at dinner at Pompano Joe's our last night there

Baby K in the car on the way home

No comments:

Post a Comment