Monday, August 31, 2009

4 Month Check-Up

Today was Baby K's 4 month appointment. Of course, she had the same set of shots that she got at her 2 month appointment. I have never heard that type of scream come out of that sweet baby girl. Luckily, she was easily consolable after they were over. Those screams hurt me, but I know the shots will protect her in the longrun. Her doctor was very pleased with how she was holding her head up when on her belly, her babbling (today she has started sounding like she is singing), and her sleeping. When she was weighed, I fully expected at least 12 pounds. To my surprise, she was only 11 pounds, 5 ounces. She was also 24 inches in length, which was right on track. Her weight, however, was a little below what was to be considered "on track". The pediatrician did not really seem concerned, but of course as her mommy and her food source, it concerns me. I really hope at her 6 month appointment that introducing cereal will help her put on some extra weight! Oh, we also were told that we weren't supposed to feed cereal in a bottle; instead, we were to spoon feed it - oops! Guess we better set that high chair up and get those bowls and spoons out of their packaging!!

No comments:

Post a Comment