Thursday, July 29, 2010

15 Months!

Well I am sure you thought I had totally given up on the whole blogging thing. Fear not - I am back! I just have so much to catch up on - I have a list of things to blog about so I don't forget :)

First and foremost - Katie is 15 months old today! She had her 15 month pediatrician visit this morning and did wonderfully! She got two shots and took them like a champ - minimal tears! I think it had to do with the fact that she got her FIRST sticker at a doctor's appointment. That's right - Elmo sticker to the rescue! And here we go on her stats:

Weight: 26.2 pounds (90th percentile)
Height: 31.75 inches (80th percentile)
Head: Not sure what the measurement was, but she is in the 97th percentile - it's all those brains in there, I guess :) And the measurement was right on her curve, so that is great!

She is happy, healthy, and right on track! They asked if she says 3 - 6 words other than "momma" and "dada" ... I made a list last night of all the words I could think of that she says - there were TWENTY FIVE! Gosh, when she really starts with words instead of all the babble, who knows what will happen! Right now, she just talks up a storm and waves her hands around to communicate - almost like she's preaching. Whatever it is she is saying MUST be important! She is climbing, pointing, eating well, sleeping well, walking (running) everywhere, loves to sit in her chair and read, and loves blocks! She also LOVES to play outside! In fact, when we let Sadie out to go to the bathroom, Katie gets so mad if we don't all go out. It has become a night-time routine almost - she eats dinner and then we go outside and run around the yard and let her play before bedtime. It really is win-win - she loves outside time...and it wears her out even more for sleepy time!

Like I mentioned previously, I have TONS of pictures, so stay tuned for many posts to come!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update!!! I love how you said she cannot stand to stay inside when Sadie is let out to go!! HOW CUUUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete