Monday, December 22, 2008

21 weeks

I love the emails I get that let me know what is brewing in my belly. What I do know is that she has been quite the active little lady for the past day or so. Another weird pregnancy-related thing is that I have been SO thirsty...and water with lots of lemons is the only thing that really tastes good! One of the things on this message that is different here is that she weighed 11 ounces at my big ultrasound, so she definitely weighs more than just 10.5 ounces at this point! And I believe when it comes to weight gain, I am on the lower end of average (THANK GOODNESS) at about 10 pounds!! Anyways, here is what my email said this morning:

Congratulations, Ashley! You're 21 Weeks Pregnant. Your baby measures about 7.2 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 10.5 ounces. He is steadily gaining fat to keep warm. Growth rate is slowing down but organ systems, like digestion, are continuing to mature. A waxy film, called the vernix caseosa, is being produced by your baby's oil glands and covers the skin to keep it supple in the amniotic fluid. Buds for permanent teeth are beginning to form. Friends, relatives, and even strangers can probably tell you're pregnant by now. Your uterus is starting to extend above your navel. You've likely gained between 10 and 14 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment