Monday, April 27, 2009

39 Weeks - This Is IT!!!!

I went to the doctor this morning for my 39 week appointment hoping that we would find out some more information. I had not made much progress as far as being dilated, but there was a little more protein in my urine than she wanted to see, so she said we are throwing in the towel. I am going in tomorrow night, Tuesday, to start a slow drip of Pitocin (since I'm not as dilated as they'd like me to be) and then Wednesday morning, will start the Pitocin at a normal pace. My doctor will be available Wednesday and is the on-call doctor Wednesday night, so that is definitely a good thing! They did take some blood to make sure nothing is urgent and I should hear back on that later today. If for some reason some of the results come back questionable, they will ask me to come in today, but she said that is not very likely.

So, now we have a little over a day to mentally, physically, spiritually, etc prepare...and to play with Sadie so she is not feeling too sad :) She has no idea that her doggy world is about to be turned upside down! I also get to pick where we eat for dinner tonight as it will be the last time Brad and I go eat together, just the two of us, for a while. I may also get my nails done for good measure :) And now, the 39 week belly pic (please excuse the deodorant spot on my shirt)....

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see pictures of sweet baby Katie! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete