Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Inducing Update

Just a quick update...after sending Sadie off to Camp Johnson, we arrived at the hospital and were in our room by 7:15. I was hooked up to the IV by 7:45 with fluids and Pitocin. Things are going well...I can tell I'm having contractions though they're not at regular intervals. I do get a sleeping pill tonight and should do that within the hour more than likely. They said they would "amp up" the amount of Pitocin at 5:00 am to really get things going, so hopefully we'll have a baby sooner rather than later.

Funny / scary story #1 (stay tuned for more): Brad and I were sitting in our room watching TV when we heard a bloodcurdling scream. We both looked at each other with great big eyes wondering whether we had arrived at the hospital or a haunted house. The nurse came to check on us a few minutes later and we asked about it...she said the "screamer" had just had her baby, so we probably wouldn't hear much more out of her. Now I know what to look forward to. :)

Oh the irony...my nurse tonight graduated from FRA as well (11 years ahead of me, thank goodness).

Stay tuned for further updates from Babyland!

No comments:

Post a Comment