Friday, January 21, 2011

Fun Day Fridays

A few weeks ago, my friend (who has a 2 year old and a 4 month old) and I decided we needed to get out of the house and do something fun with the kids (that did not involve shopping). We had each gotten some Groupons to some of the places where kids can play, so we decided to use one of those. There is a place that I have posted about before called Peek A Boo Playtown that has different "stations" - kitchen, school, library, workshop, ball pit, dinosaur table, dollhouse table, block table, etc. It is great because it lets you figure out what your child really enjoys, AND you don't have to clean up :) I think the kids had a great time ... and then we went to lunch afterwards! Here are some pictures of the fun...

Playing with Minnie before we left the house

Katie and her friend Carter playing house - it was so funny!

Katie had so much fun chasing and popping bubbles!

Katie was even closing the doors of the dollhouse! She does that here...she loves to close bathroom doors, the garage door when we get home, the laundry room door, etc!

I love that she wanted to climb (as long as she doesn't climb all over everything at home - ha)!

Katie loved watching Carter's little sister. I was actually holding her and Katie was WAY jealous - she tried to get the baby out of my arms and sat in my lap. Oh my...

Silly expression!
The following Friday, we decided to get together again! Again, we had a Groupon to a different place that neither of us had been before. I think, by the end of the day, it was a hit! We decided to meet at Monkey Joe's - it is a fun place for kids that has all kinds of inflatables to jump in, slide on, etc. When we first got there, Katie was a bit unsure (to say the least). They had an area for children under 4 years old, so I was happy she wasn't getting run over by all the big kids. I tried getting in the bouncy thing with Katie - she hated it. She was just fine climbing up the platform that is typically used to get inside, and then sliding back down. She eventually did warm up to the place and had fun running around. Here are some pictures of that adventure!
Before we headed out - she looks so coordinated! Pink shirt, stroller, babydoll, and purse. That's my girl :)

This was her favorite - climb up to the top. Slide back down. Repeat.

Carter had the right idea - he had so much fun playing!

This was the first half of the playtime for Katie - running towards me crying....

...and wanting to snuggle with Momma. (which I wasn't complaining about, though I did want her to have fun!)

Once Katie warmed up to the idea of playing and having fun, she had a ball! And I actually got a cute picture of her and Carter. So cute. Carter's mommy and I have been friends for 20 years. Wow!

There's that sweet smile I love! She was on the go - having a blast!

She went inside the bouncy thing! Yay Katie!

...and another picture of Katie playing INSIDE the bouncy thing. Can't wait to go back and play some more!
Well, this past Friday, I was curious as to what we would do. I had some errands to run. And I decided to take Katie to the doctor again because she had been coughing a lot more - the kind where you cough til you gag. Yuck. Needless to say, it did not turn out to be a Fun Day Friday - we ended up with amoxicillin for an ear infection (left ear) and breathing treatments for bronchiospasms. I can tell she is doing much better and is actually not fighting us to do the breathing treatments now. Brad said this morning she wanted to push down on the medicine part while she was breathing - oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment