Tuesday, February 3, 2015

For The First Time In Forever

Since I typed the blog post title, I now have that song from Frozen in my head.  Oh, now you do too?  You're welcome :)
 
One of my goals this year is to eat out less and to eat at home more.  Which requires that I cook more.  Don't get me wrong.  I do enjoy cooking.  But by the end of the day I am wiped out.  And the kids are whiny.  And it isn't terribly uncommon for me to be on the cusp of losing it.  And if I do cook, the kids complain or take for-freaking-ever to eat.  So it just makes it that much harder for me to want to step foot near the stove and oven.
 
But yesterday I decided we were going to give it a go!  I actually went to the grocery store and had some things on hand.  And we ate at home last night and tonight (baby steps, folks)!  And I am happy to report that both of the items were a success with the whole crew!  That's right - 2 for 2 so far this week!
 
Here is the list on the fridge...
I do need to go to the store to get the items for pesto pizza and tacos, but that won't be too hard to grab!  And those usually go over pretty well too.
 
Both the Creamy Onion Chicken and Lasagna Cups are recipes from Tastefully Simple.  And I will most definitely be making those again regularly!  YUM!  Here were my lasagna cups before I inhaled them this evening...
What are some of your favorite, easy recipes?  When I cook, I often use the crockpot - it is a lifesaver!  I have several different recipes pinned that I want to try in the crockpot.  My Foodie Friday may make a comeback this year if I can get it together with the menu planning, grocery shopping, and cooking!!
 
And how is it already February?!  I have so many posts to do - ha!  One of them is the second half of January (since I think I only did 3 posts the whole month - oops)!  Will get that one up soon and try to stay on top of things!  For now, I think I am getting in bed and reading my book (and hopefully finishing it).  That's another goal this year - more reading, less Facebooking...we shall see how that goes! :)
 


Photobucket
 

No comments:

Post a Comment