Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Jack: Three Months

Sleep
Thank goodness we have a good sleeper on our hands!  He is going 9-10 hours at night...yesterday I had to wake him up at 8:45 to feed him (I know...never wake a sleeping baby.  But I was fairly certain my boobs were going to explode)!  We really aren't on a good routine during the daytime.  He eats, plays, and snoozes a while until it is time to eat again.  He doesn't have a good, long nap (at least not on a regular basis).  He likes to nap on my chest or in the swing.  At night, I usually feed him the last time around 10 pm and he eats at around 7:30 or 8.  I'll take it for sure.  I'm scared to really mess with anything during the day because I am loving his night time schedule.  Ultimately, I know he will take a good morning and afternoon nap and then get in bed sometime between 8 and 9 pm.  I also want him to be flexible because big sis has to be picked up from school and all that jazz.  So we will see how the next month goes as far as establishing a more regular daytime routine.
Eating
Jack is eating 6 times a day and usually goes about three hours between each feeding (during the day).  When he eats, it is about 4 ounces at each feeding (at least when he takes a bottle).
Weight
No official weight, but I know he has gained since last month.  My guess is maybe about 13 pounds! 
Length
No official update here - but he is definitely growing!  Can't wait to see how much he has grown at his next appointment!
Size Clothes
He is wearing 6 month sleepers and 3 month outfits (though I think we are needing to phase in the 6 month outfits) - he is so long!
Size Diapers
I'd say we are officially size 2!  Mainly because I didn't want to buy any more size 1's! :)
Hair color
I think his hair has grown some - and it appears to still be brown!
Eye color
Still blue...and they are lightening up for sure.  As of now, it looks like he'll keep those pretty blues!
Looking Like
Definitely like Brad!  Apparently when he is angry, he resembles Brad's dad's expressions.
Nicknames
Little Buddy - that is what Katie calls him!
Favorite toy
He loves his playmat - especially since he is active enough to bat at and play with the toys.  He still enjoys the swing - especially napping in it.  And he has a little crocheted lion with a squeaker in it that he LOVES.  We keep it in his carseat and Katie likes to squeak it - and Jack's face just has the biggest smile!
Firsts
I can't think of any big firsts.  He did sit in the Bumbo for the first time and enjoyed playing with a toy.  He definitely cannot sit up properly right now, but it is just a matter of time!  And he is experiencing his first football season!
Milestones
Smiling like a champ - at everything!  Laughing. Enjoying tummy time even more.  Grasping.
Anything else?
He is so close to rolling over - both ways! When he is on his back, he rolls to his side and is pulling so hard to roll all the way.  And when he's on his tummy, he holds his head up to look around and then put it down and pushes up with a leg ... once he coordinates all of that, we will have a roller!  He has found his fingers...he always has his hands in his mouth!  And he is starting to find his feet.  Yesterday he had a good hold of his foot and was playing.  He loves to play dance.  And he loves it when we hold him up and he stands up!  He was dedicated at church this past weekend - another post to come on that fun day!  And he isn't fussy hardly at all - sometimes at night he will get so overly tired that he just can't go to sleep.  Those are the only times he will take a pacifier.  And Katie loves her little brother.  She gets close to him and talks to him and he just lights up and smiles SO big.  I just love watching them interact with eachother.

Here he is playing in the Bumbo for the first time!  I think he enjoyed being in the upright position - definitely a new perspective on things!
Our cute, happy boy.  He just makes all these happy noises and smiles...precious!
I am mixed - sometimes it feels like he was just born yesterday, and other times it definitely feels like it has been 3 months.  All I know is he is SUCH a sweet boy - and I cannot wait to see how he grows and learns and to watch him with his big sister!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment