Monday, June 14, 2010

Reunited and It Feels So Good....

Once again, in an effort to catch up on what's been going on in our lives, I wanted to do a post that actually does NOT involve Katie (*gasp*)! Well, aside from the fact that this was the first time for me to leave my sweet little baby for more than a few hours. And let me just say, it was a much-needed break and I had a great time, but I definitely, definitely, definitely missed my sweet girl. It was sort of a girl's weekend getaway for one of my college roomies' wedding! Us two Ashleys left our hubbies and my baby girl at home and headed south to Ft. Lauderdale! We arrived on Thursday so that we could have time at the beach and then get ready for Robyn's bachelorette party, have the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner on Friday night, and then the big day on that Saturday!

It is amazing that the three of us are all married. Oh, we've been through so much. I wanted to post a couple of pictures - one of us from my wedding, and one of us from Blondie's wedding (we ended up deciding, in college, that going by hair color would be easiest!).

The three of us at my rehearsal dinner

The three of us at Ashley's rehearsal dinner
And now for more on the exciting weekend at the destination wedding. First off, it was a super fun weekend. It definitely took some time to recover from three nights in a row of staying out til like 2 am!! I hadn't done that since Katie was up in the middle of the night for feedings! But it was so worth it. All of the details were beautiful - I know Robyn worked so hard to coordinate everything. Her dress was perfect, the venue was great, the band at the reception was so fun, the food was good....definitely a success!! And I was sore for like a week from dancing! Here are some pictures of the excitement...
We stayed at the W Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale since that was where all of the festivities were held. You could walk down through the pool and go to the lobby - so neat! It kind of felt like you were in an aquarium of people since you could watch them swim around!

The three of us before heading out for Robyn's bachelorette night out...

The whole group in front of the limo before heading out

Taking a break from dancing at one of the oldest bars in Ft. Lauderdale - The Elbo Room!

The bride and groom!!

My date for the weekend - what fun!

The three of us at the rehearsal dinner

The beautiful bride - she looked absolutely stunning!
CONGRATS TO MR. & MRS. MAY!!! It's definitely about time :) They met because we were all neighbors starting sophomore year of college....so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment