Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Stair Scare & Others

This is going to be a rather random post....
  • A couple days ago, I heard Katie's footsteps on the hardwood floor back towards her room. I went to follow her, thinking she was heading to play with her toys in her toy basket. To my surprise, as I rounded the corner, she had actually gone towards the garage door, OPENED THE DOOR, and was about 3 steps away from tumbling down the stairs into the garage. Talk about your heart pounding out of your chest! I have since locked the door and plan to buy one of those babyproof doorknobs. I had no idea she was tall enough to reach the doorknob...and skilled enough to turn it!
  • In the car yesterday, she started saying truck and bubbles.
  • The expression on her face when we go to the pool and she "jumps in" is priceless.
  • I really wish I could figure out her nap schedule. She is the middle of taking 2 naps/day and going down to 1 nap/day. Yesterday she took 2 naps. Other days, just one. That makes it rather difficult to make any plans!
  • Is tomorrow really July 1?! How in the world did that happen??
  • Katie has discovered her love for grabbing all the pillows off the couches, throwing them on the floor, and falling on them. I love it!
  • There is a country song that is popular right now and I love some of the lyrics in the chorus: "Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you; go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense; Never let your prayin' knees get lazy; and love like crazy."

I think that's it for now. I know I have a lot of other catching up to do, but that will have to do for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment