Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 In Review

So this year, rather than making resolutions, I set goals.  You can read that post {here}.  To sum it, my goals were:

1. Get fit.
I hit this one out of the park, if I do say so myself :) I hit my goal weight before my "deadline" and found a workout that I love!
2. Make sure the ones I love know how much I love them as often as possible.
There is always room for improvement here.  I do my best - and I sure hope my kiddos know how loved they really are.  
3. Focus on the here and now.
This is always important.  Try not to plan too much (definitely something that I am bad about) and enjoy the present.
4. Pray more.
Again, always room for improvement - I feel like I did better this year.  But there is no such thing as "praying enough!"
5. Focus more on the kids and less on the other "stuff."
Again - so important!  I try to set technology aside (phones, computers, TV) and play with them and read with them and all that!  I sure love my kids and I think that is a good way to show them :)
6. Step it up a notch in the daily wardrobe category.
I was doing so good with this one - and then I got pregnant and was so exhausted and now I'm struggling for cute things that fit - all of my maternity things are too big from losing weight!
7. Keep reading.
I stink.  I did not read one.single.book this year!!!!  I have some good ones waiting on me - in fact, I think I even started two or three.  Next year I'll do better :)
8. Learn to use my sewing machine - and actually make useful things.
I stink again.  But I now have a place to set it up and plug it in since we got our closets done this year.  Now I need to clean up the closet and set it up and give it a go!
9. Less is more.
Simplifying is always important.  I certainly have to take advantage of when I am in the mood to purge some stuff!  And with this wee one on its way, it looks like the guest room/catch all room will become another kiddo's room!  AH!
10. Cook more.  Eat out less.  Menu plan.
We have been eating out WAY too much!  I do great cooking when we have company, but not when it is just us.  But we definitely need to eat at home more often with me cooking and eating healthy food - for all of us!

Whew!  Those were some lofty goals, no?  I have to say - I think, all in all, it was a good year and we accomplished a lot of good things!  There is definitely room for improvement, and this list of goals provides lots of food for thought for next year's goals!  That list will come soon.  But for now, I am going to relax, maybe or maybe not make it to midnight, and look forward to what 2014 will bring us.  I am so thankful for what I have and so excited to see what is to come!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment