Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving Fun

What a great, relaxing week we had last week!  The kids were off from school and it was so nice to not set an alarm and not have to pack lunches!  And Thursday was fantastic!  It seems like Thanksgiving Day was ages ago which is weird, but it was a super day.  We got up and I got to cooking - I made a butterscotch pie, green bean casserole, and crockpot mac & cheese!  I also had a few sides and the turkey that had to be warmed - so there was a lot of balancing what to put in the ovens when!  My mom, brother, and grandmother came over for Thanksgiving lunch - and we got to use our dining room table for the first time!  It was such a nice time and the food was delicious!

Here are my crazies before the crew arrived!  They both absolutely loved watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade - I wish I had recorded it!
Katie was so excited to wear her cowboy boots!
And of course they had to play chase all over the house - especially the kitchen - while I was trying to finish everything!  I took a quick break to take this picture - love it!
What a face!  He is hilarious these days - I will definitely be doing an 18 month post later this month!
And the food table!  Yum for sure!  And I loved the flowers I bought myself at Whole Foods :)
And here is our table all set and ready!  I didn't have a runner for the table - but I did have some burlap garland, so I just did three strips of the burlap and it worked out great!
And here is everyone digging into the delicious food!
And a picture of me as the hostess with the mostest!  It was so fun to get to have folks at our house!
And this was our post-lunch entertainment!  My mom gave Katie this puppet theater for her birthday (ahem, end of April), and Brad and I finally put it together so they could use it together on Thanksgiving!  It was priceless - lots of laughter for sure!
And finally - after they left and I cleaned up, I was able to prop up my dotted feet for a little while!
After Jack woke up, we went over to my aunt and uncle's house (my dad's side) to visit with them and my grandparents!  We did sing happy birthday to my uncle and enjoy some delicious cake while we were there, but no big meal!  We were still so full!  We had such a great time visiting (and chasing Jack) with them!  When we got home, Katie had her first bowl of cereal with milk - she was so proud!  And Jack had some food and then it was bedtime. 
I enjoyed a PB+J sandwich before jumping into bed and turning the movie Elf on!  It was a great way to end the day...and to start the Christmas season!
Love this one :)
Hope you had a great Turkey Day - there is so much to be thankful for every single day.  But what a great opportunity to slow down and think about everything we are blessed with and thankful for!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment