Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Last Week of 2014

This week has been full of relaxing, playing with new toys, and spending time with family and friends!  Thank goodness for toys that all the kids like!  In fact - it seems that most of the toys that all three are entertained by are the ones that are Ryan's!  Who knew!  I managed to catch Katie and Jack playing nicely and quietly with one of his Santa toys.  Choo Choo!
I love the day after Christmas because everyone has new forms of entertainment!  And this guy was feeling so much better.  I was so thankful to see a big gummy grin from him!  That virus was a doozy for this poor guy!
Even Sadie got in on playing with her new goods!  She was playing with one of the balls Katie got her and Katie was playing with the toy cat that Santa brought :)  Love this!  They really are like sisters!
Jack was just dying to get his excavator toy outside to dig in the dirt :)  So we did manage to get some fresh air and play outside!  He did play in the dirt some but preferred driving it along the swingset instead.
Love my sweet girl!
And Jack even cooperated for a selfie!  Amazing!
What a ham this one is!  He was going to catch Katie at the bottom of the slide :)
Sadie was thankful for the milder temperatures that day as well - it meant more playmates for her!
And even more new fun things to play with after celebrating Christmas with Brad's family!  This toy is pretty fun :) Ryan even likes to watch Katie and Jack play with it!
Jack likes to see what will actually fit and go down the track versus what won't move.  Such.a.boy.  I love that it is almost as tall as he is!
Whoa!  Another moment caught - this time, they were both playing with lace up cards from Cee Cee.  Jack is still trying to figure them out, but it kept him occupied.  I'll take it!
And then Sunday morning, we opted to skip church since we had all been feeling under the weather.  Katie's first question was to see if we could have a mommy date.  Time with just my girl AND donuts?!  Who could resist!  So off we went to Krispy Kreme!  I remember how teeny she seemed when we had our first Mommy Date (I think I was pregnant with Jack) - I love that we still do this!
And Sunday morning, all within the span of about 10 minutes, we all needed to be checked into the loony bin.  Jack touched the fireplace right after I had turned it off (as in, it was still super hot), and as I was carrying him to run his hand under cold water, Sadie tripped me and I fell (while carrying Jack).  We were both fine (I have a humongous bruise on my left knee and my right shoulder was a little sore, but nothing major) thank goodness!  Sadie was in doggy timeout and Katie went to check on her and Sadie accidentally scratched her face.  Again - she is fine, but of course there were tears.  Aye aye aye.  Never dull around here!  No wonder I'm always tired!  We put stuff on Jack's hand and covered with a bandage and by naptime you couldn't even tell he had done anything (hooray essential oils!  another post coming on that another time)!
It is so fun to watch Katie read to Jack now.  They both love it I think!
Later that afternoon, the kids watched some shows.  Jack loves to use Sadie as his pillow.  And I think she loves it too - she never budges!
While Jack was napping, Brad and Katie played some Wii U for the first time (thanks, Santa!)...Brad had to have been in heaven!  He loves video games and I think he loves that he has someone to play with!  I got a Zumba one and Just Dance for me to do - I think those are more my style :)
This is what Ryan and I did while they played a Mario game!
That night I got my 2015 calendar out and ready to hang up!  I am the old-fashioned type when it comes to calendars...I prefer a wall calendar with all of our things on it!  Clearly I am a visual person :)
Monday morning, Katie got to help feed Ryan a bottle for the first time - she thought it was so neat.  And she did a great job!  She didn't last too long though :)
Instead, she brought her new puzzle to do on the floor!  I sat with her and let Ryan kick around and we took turns putting the puzzle together.  I love that she enjoys puzzles - and she seems pretty good at them too!  This one will help her learn the states and where they are.
And this guy had a sippy cup with water for the first time!  Of course he preferred throwing it on the floor - baby steps, people! :)
All of them.  Together.  On the floor.  Playing nicely.  WHOA!  It was definitely a Christmas miracle!
And I had some time when both boys were napping.  And Katie and I got to spend some time together.  She wanted to color, so coloring it was!  It is so neat to watch her little creative brain work.
And as Jack started to stir from his nap (while I was feeding Ryan a bottle), Katie was watching the monitor and sighed, "Oh, I just love him."  Melted my heart for sure!
I found some PJs that I had gotten her and she was excited to have a pony PJ set!  Glad the shirt she had worked so well with the snuggly pants!
Yesterday, Hannah Jo came to play!  I didn't tell Katie she was coming, so when Katie answered the door, she was so surprised!  They had a big time playing in Katie's room (I think they were going through Katie's purse) and eating and playing outside!
Since it was so cold outside, they of course needed some hot chocolate :) Can't say that I blame them! 
And then they watched a little Frozen.  I even got serenaded by them to "Let It Go" - shocking I know! :)
Ryan had his first baby food experience last night!  He was more than ready - he loved sweet potatoes!  We delayed it because of his not feeling good.  Just look at that smile!
And then today!  I am so lucky to call each of these precious ones mine.  Goodness.  I certainly get frustrated and all of that, but at the end of the day (and in this case, the end of the year), I know I am so incredibly lucky and blessed to have these three kids in my life. 
This past year has been full of excitement of change - especially with Ryan's birth and Katie starting Kindergarten!  I can't wait to see what excitement and fun 2015 brings our way!
 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment