Saturday, November 27, 2010

Binky-Free Zone

In an effort to keep Katie from becoming that 5 year old that still requires a binky, we decided this was a grand opportunity to take it away. I asked her pediatrician, I scoured the Internet...I did research. Should we just go cold turkey? Should I try to explain it to her? Should I cut a small hole in the tip so it couldn't suck? Well, in the end, I decided cold turkey was the best method. She is used to it being in the same spot on her changing table/dresser, so I put it in a drawer so she couldn't find it. And we went about her bedtime/naptime routine as if it were not in the picture. Last night was the first time - it took her a little while to fall asleep, but she finally did! (could have also been her nap until 5:30) This afternoon's nap was a slightly different story. I had a feeling naptime would be more difficult. I layed her down and she whined and cried for about 10 minutes. Brad gave in and went up to calm her down...and it worked! She went right to sleep!! Here's to hoping we make our house a MAM 2+ month binky-free zone for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment