Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Breaking In the Kitchen

Well, last week was our kitchen's maiden voyage on having me be the chef. Brad has cooked breakfast a few times, but that is it. Yes, we have lived in this house for 6 or 7 weeks and I had not stepped foot in the kitchen with my apron on. Brad has been traveling a ton, and I don't want to just cook for myself. And on the weekends we tend to eat out more. So yes, last week was it. I cooked dinner on Tuesday night last week and it was yummy! Baked chicken with a delicious marinade that I created myself and steamed veggies. Then on Wednesday, I got really busy. I made a hashbrown casserole, green bean casserole, chess pie, and caramel apple cheesecake. And I must say - they all tasted delicious (if I do say so myself)! You can find the recipe for each item by clicking on its name :) And of course, here is a picture of my creations. I think my favorite side item was the hashbrown casserole and dessert was the caramel apple cheesecake! Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment