Thursday, March 31, 2011

Resolution Recap: March

I can't believe it is already the end of March! Whew! Where does time go?? I feel like I am doing better in some aspects of my resolutions, and finding other items that need improvement. I guess we will see what to focus on next month! 1) Read 14 books: I have finished 2 books so far, so I better put it in gear! I am about a fourth of the way through my 3rd book with lots of others I want to read. I typically read before I fall asleep at night, but lately, Brad and I have been watching DVRed episodes of NCIS - love that show! 2) Learn to sew: Nada. 3) Cook more frequently (2-3 times/week): Doing better! I found that if we sit down and write out a menu on Sunday for the entire week, we do much better at eating at home. That is mostly because we aren't deciding what to do for dinner at 5:00 PM. We just look at the list! Here is the list I made - and we keep it on the fridge! 4) Read the Bible everyday and read it all the way through: I need to do better with this. I still use the app on my phone to read it each day, but we have been traveling so much that I've gotten behind. In fact, I think I'm like a week behind. I will catch up though and get back into the routine in no time, I'm sure! 5) Use treadmill 4 times/week: Yep, need to get back in this routine too. As long as I exercise 4 times/week, I think that is sufficient. Last week I walked in my neighborhood 3 days in a row. And I need to clarify that walking in my neighborhood DEFINITELY counts as exercise - it is SO hilly. Great rear workout for sure! 6) Use coupons when I shop: I think, rather than just coupon shopping, I am going to have to go through the inserts and just cut out the ones I know I will use. I just don't have time to go through the different websites with the good deals and only buy those items - we'd be eating soap for dinner! Plus, if I am going to cook, there are just going to be things I need to buy for a meal that may not be on sale or may not have coupons for them! 7) De-clutter & simplify: Since I've been in and out of town, that just hasn't happened much this month. Always needed though! 8) Find a Sunday school class at church: Again, nope. Mostly because we've been gone. 9) Buy fresh flowers once a month: I didn't buy them, but I did have fresh flowers in the house! One of my friends bought them for me - so nice! She had a baby not too long ago and got them as a thank you for bringing them dinner and other items - certainly not necessary at all! But I do love fresh flowers :) Here is a picture of them! 10) Have a date night with Brad once/month: I don't know if we did this or not! We have been SO busy when we are in town and then being out of town too, so it may have gotten away from us this month. We will take care of that soon though :) 11) Send 2 handwritten notes/cards a month: Success! Here they are waiting to be sent! I actually one used one of these because the other thing I mailed was a birthday card! 12) Have another baby: Yep, still working on this. 13) Use more eco-friendly cleaners: Well, I bought this Haan steam cleaner and haven't used it yet! I can't believe that! I will definitely use it soon and post how it does. I also have been using Method products and I like them! 14) Have "structured learning time" everyday: This hasn't happened yet. Well, at least not in an organized fashion. Sure we play, read, run around outside, etc. But I haven't done anything structured and really intentional just yet. That will come soon. My big conference I plan is a week from tomorrow, so I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off (especially since we went to the Dominican Republic and Phoenix)! I plan to post some things I want to do soon though!

1 comment:

  1. It is hard for me to use coupons for things I need for dinner too. SouthernSavers will post menu options and I've made things off her list before because I know it is stuff on sale. I primarily use coupons for all the general stuff (cereal, bars, goldfish, cookies, etc.). I don't cut anything out of the inserts-just save them whole and then look up the list and see what I need/want and go and find the coupon.

    ReplyDelete