Friday, December 2, 2011

So Much To Be Thankful For

Finally!  A post!  With pictures!  Good grief...things have been super hectic it seems, but I'm glad to be back at the blogging.  We had a great Thanksgiving!  Brad was able to take the whole week off work, so we loved having him around!  We did some relaxing and some errand running and lots of eating! The night before Thanksgiving, we went to dinner with Brad's mom and Grandmother - it was so delicious and great to visit with them!

Then, Thanksgiving morning, we woke up and relaxed.  Of course, we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!  Katie liked the singing and dancing - and most importantly, seeing the Sesame Street float and Mickey Mouse!  Then we got ready and went to my aunt and uncle's house on my mom's side to have a great big Thanksgiving feast of a lunch together!  Everyone brought a dish and it was just amazing - I still want some of the mashed potatoes and gravy!  And we just sat and visited for a while.
 We are so thankful for this sweet girl.  What a blessing she is to everyone!
 Such a little goofball.  As she says, "Katie is SUPER silly!!" Yes...she refers to herself in the third person!
 A cute family pic on Thanksgiving!
 I was trying to get a good picture of her dress - like $4 at a consignment sale!  It has dots and leaves on it and says "count your blessings" at the bottom...adorable!

When we left there, we headed to my aunt and uncle's on my dad's side of the family to visit.  We missed eating with them, but we did enjoy getting to visit!  And Katie and I got to go on a golf card ride - she loved it!  Of course, Katie fell asleep about 5 minutes from their house.  My aunt had given me this laptop bag at our first stop and Katie was convinced it was for her - so she had to hold it.  And here she is gripping it while she slept in the car!
 And again, SUPER silly Katie again...she loved wearing my aunt's reading glasses and playing with my uncle's phone (mainly taking pictures...of herself!).  What a nut!
Gosh, we have so much to be thankful for.  Food on the table, health, a roof over our heads, great family, wonderful friends...we are so blessed.  We should remember to count our blessings every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment