- Katie always knows just when I need that tight squeeze of a hug and slobbery-lipped kiss
- Katie has been afraid to get too close to Uncle Will. He uses a wheelchair and has a deep voice, so I think that is why. Last week, I was holding her and she leaned in and kissed him on the nose. So special!
- I sometimes put Aquaphor on Katie's cheeks and lips and under her mouth where it gets chapped. We call it "lipstick" - and she loves it! She has to carry the smaller tubes in her purse with her. And anytime I'm putting chapstick on, she has to have some too!
- Katie and Sadie playing is hilarious! When Katie wakes up from a nap or from overnight, she loves to scare Sadie by yelling BOO!! as she walks in. Also, when we get home from being out, she loves to chase Sadie and give her a kiss.
- Katie is quite free with kisses these days. She kisses her food before she eats it. She kisses the Elmo card on her memo board before bedtime. She blows a kiss at trucks as they drive by. She kisses the bug on her nametag that is on her cup.
- Katie hasn't met a stranger! She will stare at people in stores or at restaurants until they acknowledge her. I wonder how teaching her to be polite and friendly vs teaching her about strangers will go one day!
- I absolutely love the way Katie says "okie dokie" ... I said it the other day and she imitated me. I don't even think I can explain the way she says it, but I ask her to say it at least 5 times a day! :)
Thursday, February 3, 2011
I wanted to make note of some of the things that Katie is doing that I am loving right now. Recapping the little things helps me remember how blessed I truly am, and makes me get a good laugh too!