Monday, February 28, 2011

Resolution Recap: February

Here is my end of the month update on how things are going with my 2011 resolutions!

1) Read 14 books: I've still only finished one book. I am almost finished with my 2nd book and will be moving into more "girly beach books" next!
2) Learn to sew: Not so much. The desire is still there though!
3) Cook more frequently (2-3 times/week): Well, we are working on that. We still eat out way too much. I did just create a weekly menu planner so we can plan our meals out each week. I think having a plan for the week will help with the 5:00 "Well, what are we doing for dinner tonight??" - and us end up going somewhere. We were doing great last fall with the weekly menu plan, so I am hoping that will help!
4) Read the Bible everyday and read it all the way through: Yay! I'm on this one! I have read my YouVersion plan everyday - and it tells me I've read 16% of the Bible so far! I really enjoy my reading time. And I know once this year is finished, it will feel so great to have accomplished this.
5) Use treadmill 4 times/week: Hm. I was doing well. But then life happened. And I'm having trouble getting back into it. I'm doing the best I can. Guess that's all I can do, right?
6) Use coupons when I shop: Doing pretty good! I do my best coupon shopping at CVS & Walgreens. I did my grocery shopping this morning and spent about $125 (we hadn't been in a LONG time) and saved close to $30. I know I could have done better, but every little bit helps! And this is somewhat related - I love consignment sale shopping for Katie. It is that time of year again and I have found some CUTE things for next to nothing! Possibly more to come on that...
7) De-clutter & simplify: Working on this! There are a few little things I want to do soon...organize all of Katie's stickers, coloring books, craft projects, etc...find a fun way to display Katie's current artwork...
8) Find a Sunday School class at church: Still need to do this - we were just talking about this yesterday.
9) Buy fresh flowers once a month: Well, I didn't buy them, but Brad did! He bought me flowers for Valentines Day and they make our space so happy!
10) Have a date night with Brad once/month: Check! We went to dinner just the two of us for Valentine's Day. We also did go out with friends a few time. I love date nights.
11) Send 2 hand-written notes/month: Done!
12) Have another baby: Still working on this effort.

There are a couple other items I think I want to add:
13) Use more eco-friendly cleaners: Let me preface this my saying that I am not a "tree-hugger" kinda person. I do want my home to be safe for my child and my dog though. I bought a steam cleaner for the floor. I have made multisurface cleaner with water and white vinegar and essential oil (peppermint). I am thinking of making my own laundry detergent when I finish everything I've bought with coupons. I'm trying to decide what I should try first when it comes to making my own cleaners - I don't want to go overboard...especially if I don't like the way it cleans.
14) Have "structured learning time" everyday: I am still thinking how this will work. I went to the Parent-Teacher store and bought some things to put on our bulletin board - letters of the alphabet and colors. I thought we could do a craft or read a certain book or do something outside each day with maybe a weekly theme. I don't know. I did buy a book with seasonally themed items, arts/crafts, etc for 2 year olds. I can't wait to go through that book to come up with ideas! If you have any ideas or suggestions, lemme know!

No comments:

Post a Comment