Sunday, February 20, 2011

Jesus Loves Me

The main part of Katie's bedtime routine is singing "Jesus Loves Me" before we lay her down. Brad and I usually sing it, Katie claps, Katie gives Elmo a goodnight kiss, we have a family hug, we lay her down, and she drinks water before we leave the room. She is definitely perfecting the art of stalling at bedtime. I think kids must be born with the knowledge and ideas of what to do to stall at bedtime.

We just finished bathing Katie so that I could help - I have a call for work this evening (weird, I know). I picked Katie up to bring her downstairs to play just a little bit longer and she must have thought it was bedtime. As soon as I picked her up, she started singing Jesus Loves Me! It may have been in mostly "baby talk", but I heard Jesus as the first word and could follow her song. I'm so glad we have our bedtime routine, and that it is helping Katie learn too!

No comments:

Post a Comment