Friday, October 14, 2011

Foodie Friday: Chicken Confetti Spaghetti

Happy Friday, Ya'll!! Hope this week has been great.  It hasn't been too shabby for us.  But good grief I'm glad it's Friday!
 This week, I made a pretty awesome dish : Chicken Confetti Spaghetti.  It was amazing, if I do say so myself.  I have made Chicken Spaghetti before, and I felt like this dish was kind of similar.  Needless to say, I will definitely be making this again - it was so yummy!  And I served it with garlic toast and salad and sweet tea (with Splenda)!
 This is the first time I have used the double oven - the bread needed baking while the main dish was baking - Katie loved being able to look in and watch it!
 And don't you just love my apron??? It is so cute - love it! Thanks, Tanja!

Chicken Confetti Spaghetti
Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1 deli Rotisserie Chicken
  • 8 oz spaghetti pasta
  • 1 4 oz jar diced pimentos (drained)
  • 8 oz of fresh diced onion/bell pepper/celery mixture
  • 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • 1 14.5 oz can reduced sodium chicken broth
  • 1 1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup Panko bread crumbs

Prep:
  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  • Bring water to boil for pasta.
  • Cut butter into small pieces; place in medium bowl and set aside to soften.
  • Shred enough chicken to equal 2 1/2 cups.

Steps:
  1. Break pasta into 2-inch-long pieces before adding to boiling water; cook and stir 5 minutes or until partially tender.
  2. Combine in microwave safe bowl: chicken, pimentos, onion/pepper/celery mixture, soup, salt, pepper, and broth.  Cover and microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until hot and vegetables begin to soften.
  3. Drain pasta and stir into vegetable mixture; transfer to 2 quart baking dish.  Stir cheese and bread crumbs into butter.  Mix with fingertips until crumbly; spread evenly over chicken mixture.  Bake 15-20 minutes or until bubbly around edges.  Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Source Publix Apron's Simple Meals

 After typing out this recipe, I realized that I used twice the amount of noodles and didn't double anything else - oops!  It still tasted delicious!  And it probably worked out, because Katie ate the noodles out of the mixture and that was about it (aside from the garlic bread, of course)!  I also added about 1/4 block of Velveeta cheese that I had left over from something else.  Adding cheese never hurts, in my opinion!
 After dinner, we headed out to let Katie and Stella play with the sidewalk chalk I got them from the dollar bin at Target.  It was definitely a hit - they loved it!
Don't they have good handwriting??? :)

Hope you have a fabulous Fall weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment