Friday, June 14, 2013

Where Did It Go?

I'm back!  I haven't gone anywhere...I've just been busy! I can't believe it has been a week since I did a post!  Anywho, Brad has been out of town all week (he gets back this afternoon - I think I hear the Hallelujah Chorus....) so I have been holding down the fort and making sure the kids survive :)  Not to mention I've been getting ready for Jack's party and Father's Day! Whew!

I was out on a walk this morning and just thinking about the past year and how we have changed and grown as a family.  I cannot even believe it has been a year since I was preparing to be a mommy of two.  One of my biggest concern, if not THE biggest, was how this little lady would adjust to sharing the spotlight and attention.
 I am fairly certain Jack couldn't ask for a better big sis.  I know he thinks she hung the moon - he lights up every time she comes in the room and plays with him.  And as a family, I have to say, it seems just natural that we are a family of four.  Sure, there were difficulties and frustrations along the way, but that is definitely to be expected.  How did we manage the transition from one to two?  We just did it.  That is really how I feel it went.  We took it a day at a time and just did what we needed to do to survive - and managed to have fun in the process.  And we made it.  We survived the first year of having two kiddos.  And I cannot wait to see what the next year brings us!
This time last year, Katie and I had one last mommy date when it was just us before heading to school!
While she was at school, I got a prenatal massage, mani, and pedi.  Brad and I had lunch together and probably went to Target :)  Then it was time to pick Katie up and have an afternoon and night of fun!  First stop was the pool for some swimming!
After that, we went home and painted Katie's nails :)  Then, one more dinner as a family of three!  We went to 55 South and it was delicious! 
 Katie looks like such a wee child to me...she has grown up so much in the last year!
 And one last shot as a family of three!
We headed home and played a little longer and then it was bedtime.  It was Jack's Birth Day Eve - and I think I slept all of maybe 3 hours.  I stayed up late enough to eat a snack before midnight (since I had a c-section, there was no food after midnight!).  And then I woke up with horrible heartburn and needed to pee at around 2:30.  And I couldn't take anything because of said c-section.  So, I read a book.  And then my alarm went off and we got up, got ready, and headed to the hospital!

It's hard to believe that a year later, I have a sweet, smiley baby boy upstairs napping in his crib.  A baby boy that is walking now...not running around just yet, but is taking almost 10 steps at a time.  And that we will be going to pick up his cake for his first birthday party after we get Katie from camp.  I thought time flew by with Katie.  With Jack, it is flying by at lightning speed.  So tonight at bedtime, I think I will soak up just a few more snuggles with my almost one year old.