Friday, June 28, 2013

Strawberry Pickin'

Whew! Things are crazy in these parts lately.  But I am going to catch up, I promise.  And that means lots of reading material for anybody that hasn't given up on me and this blog :)  There's a week and a half of fun to catch up on (meanwhile, other fun things are happening - ah!), so be sure to check back frequently.

About a week and a half ago (oops), we went to a farm about 30 minutes away to pick strawberries!  It is nearing the end of strawberry season, but I was so glad we were able to do it!  I wanted to last year, but I was humongous pregnant and then had a new baby and was recovering from the c-section, so it wasn't in the cards.  We went with some of our friends down the street and had a ball!  We went and picked strawberries (and I am fairly certain Katie ate as many walking through the fields as she picked) and then we had a picnic lunch!  It was just so fun!

Here is the crew before heading down to the strawberry fields.  This place had 6 different varieties of strawberries and they were all delicious!
 I'm glad I remembered that Katie had a strawberry outfit :) Just perfect for the occasion!
 Listening intently to the farmer as to what makes a strawberry good to eat now vs good to put in the basket...
 And they were off!
 Jenn did lots of picking and divvying out the eat now ones - and I pushed Jack and took pictures...oh, and ate strawberries :)  
 Katie LOVED it - she ate the entire strawberry...stem and all!
 Love this sweet, strawberry-lovin girl.  She has proclaimed that strawberries are her favorite fruit.  I definitely believe it after seeing how many she ate!
 And Sydney, Jenn, + Reagan!  Love this picture!
 Aren't those strawberries amazing? YUM!
 Once we filled our baskets and paid, it was picnic time!  The kids did a silly picture first...
 And then a sweet picture before digging into the lunches we brought!
 Me and my babies...looks like Jack is doing the Thriller dance to me :)
 And all the kiddos wanted in!  So funny.
 Jenn loaded the kids up and I let Jack out to explore a little before we headed out.  He loved it!  I think this picture sums him up nicely...he was surveying what he could get into next.  And that is him to a tee!
I can't wait to go back and pick some blueberries!  I love summer...and fruit!

Photobucket

1 comment: