Friday, March 7, 2014

So Blessed...

As I sit here at home already in my jammies before 9 on a Friday night, I can't help but think how truly blessed and lucky I am.  I have the most amazing family.  I have friends, both new and old, that I wouldn't trade for the world.  We have the perfect house for us.  We have food on the table (which happens to be at a restaurant more than at our home these days).  I get to be at home with my kids each day (even though some days it is a challenge).  I get to call Brad my husband.  And Katie and Jack will always be my babies.

Brad is upstairs doing the first coat of what was the guest bathroom and what will now be Katie's very own "girly princess" bathroom.  It will be pink and she cannot wait!  We have our work cut out for us with all of the shuffling but I have a vision and cannot wait to see it all finished!

Both kids are out (and have been for about an hour and a half) - and I think they will sleep wonderfully since we played outside 4 different times today.  I cannot wait to see how life will be as a family of 5 (I anticipate wild and crazy and never dull).  But for now?  Now I am thankful for each minute we get to hang out at home, play outside, go out to eat, snuggle, laugh, read, and love each other.  I am soaking in all the time I have with my two little ones.  Jack and I read lots of books and snuggled after his nap today.  While he was napping, Katie decided she wanted to alternate glittery lavender and coral-y pink on her fingernails.  So we painted the nails.  And then we played soccer in the backyard.
I love these folks so much - there really aren't any words.  Boy am I blessed.

*This picture is from the Super Bowl party we went to.  See?  Way behind.  But I will catch up.  I always do, right? :)  And I am going to blame pregnancy hormones for the sappy post - even though every single word of it is true.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found your blog while I was looking for monogrammed clothing. I am expecting a boy and we are naming him Jack. I noticed in another post you had several items monogrammed with "Jack". If you have any you are still interested in selling, please contact me. Shaepage@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete