Thursday, October 30, 2014

Exciting Firsts + Transitions


This past weekend was full of new experiences for Mr. Ryan.  I thought I would wait and include all of this in his 5 month post, but I decided to go ahead and post these cute pictures.  There are a lot of other posts (including fall décor, carving a pumpkin, Katie's first field trip, and of course Halloween) coming soon, but this is what has been happening lately!
 
I finally got the exersaucer out and Brad put it back together!  Katie and Jack both loved it, and I think Ryan will too!  Once he gets a little taller and can jump around in it is likely when that time will come :) For now, when he gets in it, he still looks at everything in awe of it all!  And he gets his right arm caught in the leg hole when he's tired and not weight bearing anymore!  Here he is during his first time playing in it!
Later Sunday night, Ryan had his first baby cereal!  He did wonderfully with it (no one in our family has trouble with eating, for the most part)!  The top left is when I put him in the highchair and the top right is after his first bite. He was a little unsure at first.  And then, as evidenced by the bottom left, he was excited to get more!  And then the bottom right is after he finished it all!  And since he is now eating that, he has also gone down to 5 feedings a day!  WOOWOO! Ha.  I'm so glad he seems to like cereal!  In fact, tonight, when I fed it to him (which is usually around 6:00/6:15), he was so excited to eat it, and he even opened his mouth for bites when he saw the spoon coming!  Amazing!  And he scarfed down a tablespoon of cereal with moo juice mixed in.  I'm thinking I may be able to start giving him a little more! 
And then on Monday morning, Ryan took his first nap in the crib!  That is interesting to attempt when Jack is home, but I am eager to try to establish some form of routine for Ryan (with extreme flexibility of course) now.  If we are home and it is when he naps, I need to do better about it being in the crib and not the swing.  Afterall, he won't be able to hang in the swing too much longer!  A lot of time he also naps on the go with all the things we do and places we go.  With Jack here, I can't leave Jack unsupervised for 20+ minutes while I feed Ryan and lay him down.  So I try to feed Ryan downstairs and then walk him up to his crib - but walking up the stairs usually wakes him up.  This time I put a movie on for Jack and went and rocked Ryan until he fell asleep.  We did try on his back but he wouldn't have that.  Once I put him down on his belly, he slept almost 2 hours and did not budge.
And then Monday night, he slept in his crib for the first time at night!  Woohoo!  He did awesome.  I fed him around 9 and layed him down after that and ended up having to wake him up at 6:45 to feed him so I could get my morning routine going.  He did wake up around 12:45 but just needed his binky.  He has done well ever since!  Last night he was slightly more restless but it still wasn't bad.  I think him waking more when he was in here must have been because he heard us rolling over or something or Sadie jumping off/on the bed or repositioning.  I'm so glad he is doing well in there!
I can't believe we are already to all of these different stages with this sweet little guy!  We are so blessed that he is such a go-with-the-flow kind of baby!  And boy do I hope he continues to sleep well at night! :)
 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment