Sunday, July 24, 2011

Farmer's Market Fun

I love this time of year for many reasons. One of them is the fact that fresh fruit and veggies are in season! And only live about 10 minutes from a really good farmer's market - love it. Yesterday, we got up and ventured out there - it was packed! Thank goodness there was a little breeze...otherwise it would have been WAY too hot! We did our normal "lap" by all of the vendors and got some good buys! I definitely learned my lesson, too. I had been wanting a Nutella crepe (a definite treat...and it totally negated having run/walked on the treadmill earlier that morning) - and I learned that one should eat food before buying produce and milk! It tasted good, but I had to eat it in about 3 bites because we didn't want the milk to get too warm :)

While I scarfed down my crepe, Katie enjoyed listening to the live music!
A man and his dog with all of our goodies - heading back to the car.

All of our yummies! There is a vendor there with the prettiest fresh flowers - I wish we had stopped by there and gotten some, but I guess that will have to wait until the next time we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment