Friday, July 29, 2011

Foodie Friday

Since my neighbor and I are doing a meal share/dinner share/co-op thingy (what should it be called??), I have decided to feature a meal we shared during the week! Now, I know it is helpful to have great go-to recipes, so that is likely what I'll focus on, but let's face it...not every meal is a keeper! So there will definitely be some duds in the mix! But this week, on the first Foodie Friday, I wanted to highlight the meal I made on Wednesday. And let me start by saying this - OHHH-EMMM-GEEEEE....this was delicious!


I made Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff (over egg noodles) with grilled zucchini and squash (that had been marinated for about 30 minutes in some Dale's), and some diced tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions with some lemon juice, olive oil, and salt on them. Ah-mazing. The chicken stroganoff had to be stirred about every hour, and every time I opened it to stir, I wanted to dive in and eat every single bite.

Here is a picture of Brad's plate of food....I was so excited about eating that I didn't stop to take a picture!


For dessert, we had chocolate chip bundt cake that Jill (my neighbor) had made. It was delicious and sounds pretty easy - I will have to get the actual recipe from her to post, but it involves a box of yellow cake mix, a thing of french vanilla pudding, sour creme, and chocolate chips. YUM! She left it at our house that night and I could not step away from it yesterday!

Check back every Friday for this fun new series! And I might even add a link-up option...what do you think?? Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. That looks really yummy! We use our crockpot a lot too. I think you should do a post every Friday.

    ReplyDelete