Sunday, July 31, 2011

Resolution Recap: July

It is time to take a look back at the past month and see how I am doing with my resolutions! I am definitely doing better with some of these and lacking with others. Let's go ahead and see how I did! And sorry - don't have any pictures for this one!
1) Read 14 books: Making progress for sure! I can't remember how many I have finished so far, but I am working on one and considering starting a second easy one. I keep finding more books I want to read - that probably warrants its own post!
2) Learn to sew: Making progress! I went to a Sewing 101 class at JoAnn's and loved it! It was just basic stitches and getting to know your way around the sewing machine. I plan to do a class in a couple weeks on how to make those pillowcase dresses - should be fun! I also want to get my own sewing machine. I think I'd definitely feel more comfortable once I can play with it and just learn through trial and error.
3) Cook more frequently: Doing better! Since my neighbors and ourselves are doing Dinner Club (or Meal Sharing or whatever you prefer), it makes me cook a good, coordinated meal at least once a week. And since they do it for us also, that means we get TWO good, coordinated meals each week! I am going to begin a series based on that called Foodie Fridays, so check back each Friday for that (and maybe even link up, if I decide to do so)!
4) Read the Bible everyday and read it the whole way through: Not doing so hot. I've really got to do better about that. I really enjoyed when I was reading each day's assignments and I guess I just got too behind so now it is overwhelming. The sooner I start back at it, the sooner I will catch up!
5) Use treadmill/work out 4 times each week: Doing much better! I've been getting up before I get Katie up and using the treadmill to walk/run. I've also walked to the pool for Katie's swim lessons and then walked home. A walk in our neighborhood is some definite cardio - we have humongous hills! Plus, throw in the fact it is 95+ degrees and I definitely sweat!
6) Use coupons when I shop: We have been getting $5 off a $30 purchase at Publix since a new Whole Foods opened near us, so those are the main coupons I've been using. Since I have wanted to cook certain things, it has made it a little more difficult to use coupons. When there are items on my list, I do check a coupon database and make sure I use any that exist!
7) De-clutter & simplify: I haven't done a whole lot in this department. In fact, with consignment sales starting back up, we have more stuff around here. With our custom cubbies in the laundry room, I hope to be able to organize things in there a little better. And don't worry, pictures of that to come in a different post!
8) Find a Sunday school class at church: Nothing. We have GOT to do this!!!
9) Buy fresh flowers once/month: I can't believe I didn't do that this month! I did think about getting a fresh bunch at the Farmer's Market but just didn't. I guess that just means we have to get flowers TWICE next month! :) I'll be sure and tell that to Brad as a subtle way of suggesting he get some for me.
10) Have a date night with Brad at least once/month: Success! Brad and I went to see Horrible Bosses and ate a quick bite last Sunday. The movie was hilarious!
11) Send 2 hand-written cards/month: I don't think I did this month. I will definitely make up for it this month though!
12) Have another baby: Negative.
13) Use more eco-friendly cleaners: Yes!
14) Have structured learning time each day: We are doing lots of fun things this summer! And Katie is out of mother's day out the whole month of August, so we will have some extra time for some more activities - and possibly even potty training. Any/all advice is welcome on that topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment