Monday, July 25, 2011

Fun At The Farm!

I just have to preface this post by saying how much fun this farm visit was! I am SO glad I stumbled across the Facebook post about the tour - this farm is LITERALLY less than 5 minutes from my house! (If you are local, let me know and I'll tell you the name of the farm so you can follow them and learn about neat events) They also host monthly rodeos for the kids (one example of an event is kiddos chase a calf around and try to get a ribbon off its tail), a summer camp (can't wait for Katie to get old enough for that one), birthday parties, and other private events! The folks that live there and work there are so nice. I really didn't want to leave, but I thought it might be kinda weird to stay :) I do have to drop off my check since I didn't bring my checkbook with me - maybe they will invite us to stay a while! A girl can hope, right? Anyways, I asked Katie what her favorite part of the farm visit was and her reply was the truck. Oh dear. Oh, and the little ruff ruff and big ruff ruff (they had a Great Dane)! I loved seeing the baby cows - they are ADORABLE. Actually, we had to stop the tour for a minute because they had seen a calf standing up and then they couldn't see it. So the leader went to find it, and the Great Dane (Queenie) though it was time to play. The momma cow heard the calf's cry and hightailed it out there - which was exactly what they were going for. That momma needed to steer her baby to the shade! So cool. Here are some pics of the experience (and please excuse the quality of some of them - they were with my phone)...

{the road leading up to the farm}
{a view of the farm from the house}

{Katie and I rode in the back with the other kids and dogs}

{one of the horses we saw - Katie loved seeing them but did NOT want to touch them! they also offer horseback riding at the farm! where do I sign up??}

{Katie playing with another of the dogs that lives on the farm}

{we brought a picnic lunch with us and sat under a big tree in the shade}

{Katie posing with the big tree we sat under}

{goofy gal. and of course she was chowing down on some goldfish.}

{the garden on the farm. i missed that part of the tour because of Katie's swim lessons - pretty neat though! and Katie got to shuck some corn - that's definitely a first!}

{all of these veggies for $25!!! this is 2 peppers, 4 eggplants, 14 small onions, 6 cucumbers, 14 ears of corn, and 10 tomatoes...and full of homegrown deliciousness!}

No comments:

Post a Comment