Monday, August 1, 2011

She's Got A New Do!

I have been toying with the idea of getting Katie's first hair cut for the last few weeks. I just loved her sweet hair, but I thought it needed a little trim. I was hesitant because I didn't want the curls to get cut off. And I just love fixing it and brushing it and having the option of putting it into a ponytail! I thought about going yesterday, but we loved a lazy day in our jammies. So today was the day! A new do for a new month! Here are some pictures!

BEFORE:


The first snip of the hair:



AFTER:





I think Katie loved every minute of the haircut! She loved the sweet lady and the fact that she was playing with her hair. She loved the TVs playing Cat in the Hat. She loved the fact that they had an Elmo camera just like hers! She got a lollipop, which she was so excited about. And I think she really felt special getting to wear the tiara. And yes, that was just because it was her first haircut. She also loved the finishing spray that made her hair sparkly and shiny - and the glitter on her cheek! And they sent us home with a certificate, a picture, and a lock of her hair. So neat! We will definitely go back there...I wonder how long it will be before she needs another haircut?? Oh, and don't worry, I've already updated her baby book with the first haircut details!

No comments:

Post a Comment