Monday, December 10, 2012

Jam Packed Weekend

Boy am I tired this morning!  Thankfully, Jack slept til 8 and Katie slept til 9:15...that is definitely a good start to this Monday morning! 

What a whirlwind of a weekend we had!  This time of year brings all kinds of fun things to do with family and friends!  Friday morning, Brad had Lasik surgery...it was a success!  It sure is amazing that you go in and a couple hours later (including the 10 minute actual laser part) you can see!  He had to wear some pretty fabulous goggles the rest of the day and made me swear not to take a picture.  Even though I really wanted to, I decided to be a nice wifey and let him slide on that one. :)

Friday night, I went to our friends Tanja and Nick's engagement party (I went solo so Brad didn't have to show everybody the awesome goggles).  It was so nice...it was at this event location that was so neat!  The food was great and it was great to visit with folks!  Here is a picture of me with Tanja...
And a picture of the soon-to-be Mr. + Mrs.!!
Saturday morning I took some pictures for some friends' Christmas card!  I am waiting to do a post after Christmas with all the pictures I have done for Christmas cards...don't want to ruin the fun of seeing the pics!

Then Saturday afternoon, we went to Stella's Curious George 3rd birthday party!  It was so fun - Katie had a blast!  Jill made this photo wall...adorable!
Here's my boys!
And a family shot :)
After eating and singing happy birthday, the kids played outside for a bit!  Katie and Stella turned this little playhouse over so it could be a spaceship...so funny!  Here they are after the countdown and yelling "BLASTOFF!!!!"
Here is the birthday girl!
Katie doing another "BLASTOFF!!" - love this!
Hugs to the birthday girl before we came home.  Katie chased Stella around for about 10 minutes trying to get this hug!
And then they both hid on the side of Stella's house...crazy girls!
We went to dinner at Cat and Tyler's house Saturday night - Cat made some delicious spaghetti!

Sunday morning I got up early to go to Hank's baptism.  I didn't think I had it in me to get the whole family out the door and to their church by 8, so I went solo.  I came home afterwards to help get the family ready for a luncheon to celebrate!  It was great to be a part of such a special occasion!
 And then last night was the annual trolley lights tour!  We had a great time...I am going to do a post (likely tomorrow) about the GNO Ornament Exchange and the Trolley Tour.
So, needless to say, I am quite thankful for a slow-going morning.  Hope you had a great weekend!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. SUCH a cute birthday party!!

    And that really is a great start to a Monday morning. Love when the babies sleep in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was truly a jam packed weekend but it sounds like you had a fabulous time! I can't wait to hear more about the trolley tour!

    ReplyDelete