Friday, December 21, 2012

This Year's Christmas Card

I have to say...I go a little overboard with Christmas cards.  I just love them.  And I love to look back at ours over the years!  It is my favorite mail time of year - I love going to the mailbox and getting sweet pictures of my friends and their families!  I start thinking about our picture and design at the end of the summer!  Nuts? I'd say so.  But I love it that much.  And I think my obsession with it has gotten worse since having kids. :) (I think the Christmas card and the kids' birthday parties are the two areas I begin planning way too far ahead for - ha!)  Anyway, here we go - years past pictures and this year's card!

First, I want to start off with a look back at the Christmas card picture over the years! ...
2006: Just Married
 2007: We had Sadie!
 2008: Last one of just the two of us (we also had a picture of Sadie on there!) - and we included the fact that I was pregnant!
 2009: First Christmas with a wee one!  And we also had a picture of Katie by herself
 2010: Another family shot - it is so amazing how quickly Katie changes from year to year!
 2011: Little did I know I was actually pregnant in this picture! 
And 2012...first Christmas with two kiddos!
I LOVE our card this year...the picture is amazing...Christmas colors...dots...and of course the people (and furry creatures) that are with me in the picture!
photography by Mari Wilkes Photography


I am linking up with Kelly's Korner and the Show Us Your Life series.  I cannot wait to look at other families' cards and get ideas for next year! 

*And  if you usually get one from us and haven't, I'm so sorry!! I have a few to send out today...time got away from me with getting the rest of ours out! :)

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love your card! And I LOVE lines from Christmas songs on cards. That's our tradition every year. =) You have an adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Christmas card and family picture..... Where does time go!!! Have a Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. crazy adorable card - and great photo. hope you got that blown up poster size for the home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Over from Kelly's. What great cards,like that you showed the previous years. I am a new follower,Thanks for allowing.
    Tammie @ http://blessedsoul35.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved getting your card in the mail! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete