Sunday, December 11, 2016

We're Another Year Older

As you get older, birthdays aren't quite as big of a deal.  With that being said, we still try to make them special for us grown ups!  On Brad's birthday, the kids said we needed to get him balloons.  So we did that and got some cupcakes at Puffy Muffin.  And he had cards from all of us and some giftcards (including one for a massage)!  I'd take that anyday!
I think he's excited for his birthday, don't you?
We did get together with family to celebrate a day or two later.  I sure love this picture!  Daddy with his crazies - and his favorite kind of birthday cake! 
That weekend, we headed out to watch the Tennessee game just the two of us!  That's a good gift too - uninterrupted game watching!  And I'd like to think his date wasn't too shabby either :)
After the game we ended up going and having dinner at Tanja and Nick's!  She was making dinner and had enough for us to join them - so fun and delicious!
And a couple of months later, it was my turn!  We had dinner at Newks to celebrate my birthday and then all came back to my house for some cake!  Love all of these pictures!
On my actual birthday, I got to enjoy a run outside on my favorite trail.  I can't wait until it warms up enough to be able to get back out there and run!
And I got to get away for my girls' trip to the beach.  That's definitely an amazing gift!
We make such a big deal about the kiddos' birthdays that I wanted to do a separate post to show that we do treasure our birthdays as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment