Monday, April 23, 2012

Daddy Date: My Story

My dad and I have a special tradition that we will keep doing for many years!  When I was little, we would go eat breakfast at IHOP every Saturday morning before running errands (like getting the car washed and going to the dry cleaners).  We did it for years - like long enough that the servers knew us and knew what we wanted to eat (because he and I are both very much creatures of habit)!  The IHOP that we frequented has since closed as it was near Vanderbilt's campus and they turned it into a parking lot.  Lucky for me, a new IHOP just opened not far from my house (that could be a really good thing or a really bad thing).  My dad and I were able to "christen" it last weekend - so fun!  It was so nice to go on a Daddy Date with my daddy to chat and eat delicious pancakes.  I am so lucky to have a great, supportive, caring dad - and I hope we get to go on many more Daddy-Daughter ventures to IHOP!  This is also why I love that Brad and Katie already have a tradition of going on Daddy Dates!  Those are memories she will treasure forever!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Daddy's are so special to us little girls aren't they?

    ReplyDelete