Monday, April 30, 2012

Bump Watch: 32 Weeks

How far along: 32 weeks! (as of this past Saturday)
Size of baby: A large jicama (um, excuse me..what exactly is that!?) - about 3.75 lbs and 16.7 inches on average!
Total weight gained: At my appointment last week, I had gained 2 lbs since my last appointment - I will take it!   So I guess, in total, that means 15 pounds so far.  And my blood pressure was 103/78 - I was thrilled to see that.
Maternity clothes: Um, most definitely.  I have finally stopped wearing a bunch of the tshirts that I had before - they aren't long enough and show some belly!  DEFINITELY not attractive!
Gender: The 4D ultrasound confirmed that he is definitely still a boy!
Movement: Lots - and when he does move, most of the time it is a slow, steady move across the belly.  Whew - and when he's active, he means business!  He gets hiccups ALL THE TIME!  Like at least three times a day - morning, early afternoon, and as I'm settling into bed for the night.
What I Miss: Walking normally - I feel like I officially have the "pregnancy waddle" going!  I definitely miss waking up and feeling rested - it will be a long while before that happens, I know.  And when I get out of bed, I have to walk like a 90 year old - everything is sore and so stiff!
Cravings: I can't think of anything in particular!
Aversions: Can't think of anything here either.  Though when I have that heartburn feeling, spicy things are definitely not a good idea.
Symptoms: Oh my - heartburn is in full force these days.  It happens when I'm hungry, it happens while I'm eating, and it happens if I lay too flat at night.  Thank goodness for Tums.  Oh, and the back pain - no fun at all.  Thank goodness for a husband that is willing to rub my back every night (even though he doesn't like to)!
Best moment of the week: The 4D ultrasound was awesome.  It is so neat to know that that is the baby that is growing inside my and will soon join the world.  I can't wait to see him "in person" and hold him and kiss him.  And I can't wait to see how much Katie loves her little brother.  That smile he did for us during the ultrasound melted me for sure.

And for good measure, here I am at 32 weeks with Katie in comparison to 32 weeks with Jack.  I think I look the exact same.  Maybe...just maybe...my face isn't as puffy this time around.
 And this shows how I have grown since the last belly picture at 30 weeks!
 And just for fun, here I am at 24, 28, 30, and 32 weeks.  I'm definitely growing...that is for sure!
I think the rest of our furniture comes in this week (I hope!) and I CANNOT wait to get things going in there...furniture in, clothes washed and put away, bedding in, things on the wall...fun!!  More to come on that as it happens.  Whew!  I wonder how much more my belly will grow...I feel as if I am close to maximum capacity now but I also know that there is 6.5 weeks of baby growth.  And we all know that baby growth = belly growth :)

PS: I have found a new online collage maker since Picnik closed.  It is iPiccy!  VERY easy!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Look at you, your adorable! When I was pregnant with my son he kept the hiccups. My doc said it was a sign of lung developement :)

    ReplyDelete