Tuesday, December 21, 2010

2010 Resolution Review

OK, so I found my list of resolutions for this past year. First off, I need to create a shorter, more realistic list for 2011 - just something I happened to notice as I was reviewing my list. Anyways, here are a few of the items from my list and whether I accomplished it or not! Again, there is definitely room for improvement. I will create my 2011 list early next year - and I'm sure many of these items will look familiar! :)

1) Lose weight ... I am fairly certain I lost and gained the same 5-10 pounds over the course of this year. Always a struggle, for sure!

2) Send 1 hand-written note per week ... I know I did well at the first of the year but then completely dropped the ball. I love getting notes in the mail, so I figured I'd share the joy! It is always nice to get more than an email and know someone is thinking of you!

3) Finish/update scrapbooks .... I stink. Nope.

4) Do 4 devotions/studies ...did not even do one. Maybe that should be my goal for next year - complete one devotional.

5) Read Bible everyday. I didn't do this either. Man, I stink! I know in 2011, I am going to borrow a book from Brad's mom that will help me read through the Bible in a year. I hope to at least make major progress with that in 2011, if not complete it. Reading the Bible all the way through has always been something I've wanted to do.

6) Cook 3x per week. I did well some weeks and didn't cook once other weeks. I will say Brad traveling a lot for work and us moving may have had something to do with that! :)

7) Read 12 books. HOORAY!! I actually did that and more. Yay - I actually accomplished something on my list!

8) Do something for myself everyday. As a mom, it is easy to get stuck in the "always doing for others" mode. Even if it was playing solitaire on my phone or taking 10 minutes to write a blog post, I think I did pretty well on this one.

9) Snuggle with Katie everyday. As much as she will let me, I will do this every second of the day! Since she is running everywhere and quite busy, it is hard to find downtime to snuggle with this little one. She is quite lovey though - she loves to give hugs and kisses. I will take as many as I can get!

10) Buy fresh flowers 1x per month. Nope - didn't do this either. I love how fresh flowers seem to brighten up a room. Maybe I will do better on this next year!

11) Have a date night at least 1x per month. I think we did pretty well on this. Making time to just be a couple is so important, I think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment