Thursday, December 30, 2010

More Holiday Baking

I actually did my fair share of baking this holiday season! And MAN was it good (if I do say so myself)! On Christmas Eve Eve, I made a hashbrown casserole and some delicious Mac n Cheese. But this isn't just any mac n cheese. This is the "Miss Fancy Pants" recipe that I got from a friend. It required a trip to Whole Foods for the ingredients - I think I can count on one hand how many times I've been there! And I'm so glad Brad was in the kitchen helping me. Since I didn't do much prep beforehand, there was a lot of multitasking, and I was so thankful for Brad's help!
When I got up Christmas Eve morning, it was time to continue the baking. I made a green bean casserole (not pictured), chocolate chip muffins, wildberry muffins, and sugar cookies with icing and sprinkles. So fun! I thought the cookies would be fun to do with Katie - I thought she'd love doing the sprinkles and then having cookies to leave out for Santa. Well, since she had the cough of all coughs, we decided to nix her helping me this year. Hopefully next year we will be sickness-free and she can get in the kitchen to help me!

Nothing like a sink full of dirty dishes! And this was just from the Mac n Cheese!!


No comments:

Post a Comment