Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Gosh, we have so much to be thankful for. I know I am a bit delayed in this post, but things have been crazy. That definitely does not mean we did not take time to pause and count our blessing this past Thanksgiving. We have our faith, our family, our friends, our health, our jobs, our new home, food on the table, and love. We are beyond blessed.
It was great to take time out to spend time with those we love. And the traditional spread of food wasn't too shabby either! We got up that morning and Katie and I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Needless to say she got very excited when the Sesame Street float was shown!!

Then we got ready for the day and headed over to my Meme's house to eat lunch! We took a picture of Katie in this same chair last year, and MAN has she grown!
Of course we had to get a family photo :)

This year was Katie's first actual Thanksgiving meal. And she loved it! She loves green beans, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls, some turkey, hashbrown casserole, and everything else! Do you think she was hungry in this picture? Looks like she is saying, "Hurry it up! Get this thing set up and get me some grub!"

So, we did just that. Here she is chowing down! And she took a nap while the adults ate, so I could enjoy my lunch uninterrupted!

After she woke up from her nap, we introduced her to the piano for the first time. She thought it was the neatest thing! She would hit some keys on one end, and then she'd run to the other end and hit those.

I wish this picture weren't blurry because I love it! It is still kinda neat with some blur, but I wish it were crystal clear. So sweet.

Brad's got the right idea! Full belly + recliner + football = great Thanksgiving afternoon!

Cee Cee gave her a neat puzzle to play with. She loves, loves it!

And last but not least, our Little Turkey. The dress was a bit big, so it may appear next Thanksgiving as well! :)

After we left Meme's house, we later headed to visit with my family on my dad's side of the family. It was great to see everyone and visit - there was no definitely not much eating going on since we stuffed ourselves at lunch! What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment